Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sleep....Where are you?

I know you aren't supposed to get sleep after the baby comes, but what about before? Why have I stopped sleeping now? I need my beauty rest...these bags under my eyes are NOT attractive...no matter how much concealer I apply. Let's take out the snoring husband and dogs factor, add a kicking baby and just plain insomnia and you get me. I've done so good not drinking any caffeine at all and I am close to the breaking point. I find myself just staring at my computer screen at work, only to be snapped back to reality by a ping from an IM from Kathy. Even if this kid wasn't kicking, I've just stopped needing to sleep around 3am. Thank god for TBS and their random movies and Saved by the Bell reruns. They haven't let me down yet. Now it's back to staring at nothingness......

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Poor thing. I swear my mom told Amanda about something to take....wait, I think that was for nausea. I can't remember. I will ask her.

Amanda Barefoot said...

you can take sleeping pills!!! Walgreens- Wal-som. You will sleep so good. i took one every night my first trimester and some of my second. then i went cold turkey cause i was convinced i was making my daughter stupid. that was clearly not the case since she is now super smart. :0)
oh..and i think it's really ironic that my word verification is "comys". especially considering i was at barnes and noble this morning looking for the communist manifesto.

Mostly Clueless said...

Amanda, there are so many reasons why you are my friend - this has to be at the top of the list.

I do imagine that your child is a freakin' genius. I, on the other hand, am worried about the intelligence genes Marshall has received from his mother and father. There really isn't much to start with...let alone kill with caffeine and pills.