Monday, October 19, 2009

Why do they always find me?

I think that all lost dogs know to come find me. All lost dogs in our neighborhood, that is. I think they know that I'll freak out and do everything possible to find their owners. Most of it is because I would hate if someone ignored our dogs if they found them wandering the streets. This morning, I found another dog as I was leaving for work. Of course, I picked the muddy thing up and started ringing doorbells. Thankfully, the owner was the second doorbell that I rung. When this happens, it's funny - I never really get the reaction I hope for. If someone brought me my dogs after being lost, I would be overjoyed and do everything I could to thank them. This morning, they guy just mumbled thanks, took the dog and shut the door. I'm pretty sure if a large pregnant woman found my lost dog and took the time to find me, I would say more than "Thanks." Tom told me not to deal with any more lost dogs after today. It sends me into a panic - again, because I am so scared of our dogs ever being the missing dogs. Maybe I am the dog whisperer. Dogs know that I will help them, so they come and find me. Weird....

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I can just see you....lugging around the muddy thing. You are a lot nicer than I :)