Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm gonna poo my baby out

Yes, this is the exact statement I made to my doctor yesterday. You think I'm joking -- I've convinced myself that with the effort I make to try and go, is the same effort I will be using to push this baby out in December (a thought I try and not think about often). I am also convinced that my doctor believes I am a total nut job.

While at my normal monthly appointment, I found out that I haven't gained any weight at all since being preggers - in fact, I am a total of 8 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant - 5 of them in the past month. Now, because I am a bit of a drama queen, I asked if I was going to kill my baby or myself. She then proceeded to make the oddest comparison I've ever heard. Her words sounded something like this - "You know how Ethiopian women become very skinny when they are pregnant because of their lack of nutrition - and they still give birth to very healthy babies because that babies take the nutrients from the mothers." (P.S. - please do not take offense to this and just see the humor in it) My doctor somehow just compared me to a skinny Ethiopian woman - can anyone besides me see the humor in this? I still can't stop laughing. I think I almost rolled off of the examination table in laughter when she told me this.

Anyway - all in all - She assured me that I'm not gonna poo my baby out and that it's normal to lose some weight especially since I've been so sick. I'm just glad I get to stop looking in the toilet for a baby for the time being.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Sounds like you need some Colace.