Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why I need a recipe


There are reasons why people create recipes. It's for people like me. I've never been the one to add a little bit of this and a bit of that and create an edible meal. It just doesn't happen. It has to be written out, or it is a disaster. I'll give you the example of my cobbler. My dad assured me this was so easy - no problem. Just do a little of this and a little of that. Well, I was kind of proud when I pulled it out of the oven. I mean look at it - it was a masterpiece and I did it all by myself while cooking enchiladas and watching the recap of the Michael Jackson memorial service. Then I cut into it.... and it all was downhill from there. It was a watery mess in between two beautiful crusts. I frantically called my dad who infomed me that he forgot to tell me to put a little bit of flour in it to make it gel a little bit. THIS IS WHY WE NEED RECIPES PEOPLE. It still tasted good, but it was just filled with juices that I just spooned out over ice cream. So, as my first attempt, it's okay - I'll do better next time. Next time, I'm printing a recipe from the Food Network.




2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I want a bite of that right now. Stat.

Mostly Clueless said...

it looked prettier than it tasted